5 - 22 Kylie Crescent
Ph. 0437 626 269
15 Leyland Street Garbutt
Ph. 07 4410 9797
614-616 South Road
Ph. 0450 731 952
4-71 Shipper Drive
Ph. 0419 721 107
3-10 Ponderosa Parade
Ph. 0458 647 378 - 0415 096 686
76 Churchill Park Drive
Ph. 0409 135 923
All axles on Spitfire 2021-5G Glide-On braked trailers have Fast Flush Wheel Bearings.
The function of these is described in the image above.
The practicality of this can give you years of use from your wheel bearings.
The method of operation is to:
1. Remove the rubber plug.
2. Place a trolly jack under the axle and raise the wheel just off the ground.
3. Use a hand held grease gun and pump grease into the exposed grease nipple while slowly turning the wheel.
4. Observe and keep pumping grease and you will see old grease or water contaminated grease ooze out of the axle end around the spindle.
5. When new clean grease appears, you have repacked your bearings.
6. Wipe off old grease and replace the rubber plug.
This procedure only takes a couple minutes per wheel and should be done regularly, especially if you are submerging your hubs in water.
Remember if you put a hot hub in cool water the contraction will suck in water... that is a fact of life.
Spitfire's braked axles now offer you a simple procedure to remedy this fact.
Spitfire Aluminium Trailer's 2021-5G Glide-On Range is the 5th generation of Anodised brushed and Hardened 6061 - T6 aluminium trailers featuring all 316 Stainless steel brackets and hardware.
Genuine Certified Spitfire Trailers do not use galvanised steel parts or Mill finish Aluminium.
It is important for warranty that your Spitfire Trailer is manufactured only from Genuine Spitfire Parts.
Our aim at Spitfire is to offer the ultimate in quality at a competitive price.Recommended Retail Prices are based on capital or major city stock and may be slightly higher in regional and remote areas.
NB.Trailers over 2,000 kg require a break away braking system and as there are different options available to suit purchasers, due to these different options, our published prices do not include this system.
The goal of Spitfire Trailers is to produce the highest quality product available at a fair price and as such design, materials, components, and accessories on this web site in images or description may have changed.
Also different regions may have different accessories to suit local conditions.It is important to confirm the current specifications of a model you intend to purchase with your Spitfire dealer prior to any purchase.
Warranty; All Spitfire products are covered by warranty for a minimum of 12 months from the date of purchase.Chassis are Warranted for 24 months.
Warranty does not cover 'Off Road' use.
Warranty is transferable to subsequent purchasers .
Please confirm your warranty options with your Spitfire manufacturer prior to any purchase.
Warranty is applicable to parts and labor.
A condition of warranty is that the trailer be returned to the original place of purchase, however a Spitfire customer can have peace of mind there are other manufacturers of Spitfire Trailers around the country who can support with spare parts and warranty assistance when travelling.
Modifications or unauthorised repairs carried out by third parties will not be covered by warranty.
Warranty will not cover wear and tear items such as Brake Linings, Wheel Bearings or Seals.
Modification; All Spitfire Trailer Models are Certified by independent vehicle engineering companies to meet or exceed the Motor Vehicle Act 1989 and VSB 1 design rules for light trailers.
Any modification, design change, or addition to the original design will void manufactures warranty unless approved in writing by the Spitfire manufacturer.
Tips for safe boating and long term trailer performance;
* Flush your bearings with marine bearing grease very regularly.
* Be aware that when you submerge a hot hub into cold sea water the contraction will suck water into the hub.
* All Braked Spitfire Trailers come with self purging bearing design axles.
* Keep lubrication up to winch cogs.
*If a Jockey Wheel becomes tight to wind, dismantle and re-grease the worm drive.
* Ensure you connect a safety chain from the winch post to the Bow Eye in case of winch failure.
* Check nuts and bolts before every trip and ensure wheel nuts are correctly tensioned.
* Ensure your boat is correctly secured from the bow eye in a backward direction to the draw bar adjustable tie down bracket. This will prevent forward momentum of the boat from the trailer in the event of a frontal collision by the towing vehicle.
* Do not over tighten ratchet straps as they can pull tons of torque and this can flex the trailer and effect the towing stability.
* Never use hard fixed chains and a turn buckle. Some flex is normal in an aluminium trailer. Use rope or a material which absorbs shock. Using a tight chain will transfer any stress and vibration to the weakest point of the trailer.
* Check for any damage to the chassis
* Never exceed the ATM or the Tare and Load weight.
* Ensure your load is balanced and that approximately 10% of the total weight of boat and trailer is on the tow ball of the towing vehicle.
* Too much 'Ball weight' will cause steering difficulties on the towing vehicle.
* Too little 'Ball weight' will cause 'Fish Tailing' which is an extremely dangerous condition which will certainly lead to loss of steering control of your vehicle with probable deadly results.
* Trailers for sale by Spitfire Trailers Australia are new trailers and manufactured entirely from new parts and materials.
* Genuine Spitfire Trailers only use anodised Aluminium and 316 Stainless Steel Metals.
Copyright © 2014 Spitfiretrailers.com.au - All Rights Reserved.